Team Mission Statement
Woodlands is a family team, with recreational swimming instruction for children of all ages and abilities, and opportunities to develop friendships in a positive and supportive learning environment. The team encourages personal development for each athlete through age-appropriate challenges, friendly competition, and fun community activities.
Code of Conduct
As a member of the Woodlands Swim team, all parents, coaches, swimmers and guests are expected to abide by the standards of conduct outlined below.
- It is expected that all parents, coaches and swimmers abide by the rules and regulations governing the Walnut Creek Swim Conference.
- Swimmers are expected to be at practices and meets on time and to begin at the designated times. Swimmers are expected to be attentive and follow the directions of the coaching staff. Disruption of practices or meets may result in disciplinary action at the discretion of the coaching staff.
- All swim team families are expected to honor their volunteer commitment as outlined on our website.
- The decisions of the coaches and officials are considered binding. If there is a dispute or concern, it should be handled directly with either the head coach or a Woodlands Swim Team Board member.
- All parents, swimmers and coaches are expected to show good sportsmanship and to conduct themselves respectfully at all times while at swim team related events including meets, practices, social functions and meetings. Failure to do so could result in disciplinary action taken by the Woodlands Swim Team Board.
- The Woodlands Swim Team Board reserves the right to consider the expulsion from membership of any swimmer or family members who knowingly and repeatedly violate the Code of Conduct.